Call for new board members
Our Board of Directors is in need of two new members: Treasurer and Member at Large
As a registered non-profit society, our operations are overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors. The role of the Board is to ensure that the organization is upholding its mission, and is accountable to the needs and interests of the community it serves.
The Board plays a crucial role within our organization. As a member, you will have the opportunity to contribute your unique ideas and vision, support staff, take on special projects or organize events, and help shape our future.
The estimated time commitment is ~7 hours a month and board members are expected to serve for at least one year.
Relevant experience & desirable attributes
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of and interest in topics related to sustainable food systems, including food security, agriculture, Indigenous food sovereignty, decolonization, youth food literacy, and how food-related issues intersect with race, class, gender, ability, and other aspects of social identity
- Experience working or volunteering in the non-profit sector, or previous Board membership experience
- An understanding of food and environment-related issues in the Greater Victoria area
- Experience in policy development, human resources, and administration
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Event planning, public speaking, and group facilitation
- Ability to make decisions cooperatively, using a consensus-based model
- Skills related to financial management and budgeting (Treasurer-specific experience)
- Strong leadership skills and ambitious vision for our future
A detailed list of monthly and yearly responsibilities can be found here: LifeCycles Board Member Call-out.
We welcome and support applications from people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities.
We particularly encourage applications from people of under-represented communities, including (but not limited to) BIPOC, LGBTQ2+, youth, and folks with diverse abilities. We strongly value the perspectives, voices, and experiences of everyone in our community, and hope to include these voices in all of the work that we do.
To apply: please send your statement of interest to Rhianna Nagel, Board Chair.
Deadline: October 31 (or until positions are filled)